Barwell vs. Coalville Town Match Report [12/11/2013]

Northern Premier Challenge Cup: First Round   Tuesday 12th November, 2013
Barwell 5 - 0 Coalville Town
Luke Barlone - 40
Luke Richards - 60
Danny Quinn - 72
Nigel Julien - 80
Tom Weale - 82
- Hide - Report  
From Kirkby Road Sports Ground, Barwell. Attendance: 136
Coalville Town's participation in this season's League Cup proved to be a short one with a young Ravens side going down 5-0 at Premier Division side Barwell.

With one eye on this weekend's FA Trophy game, manager Stevens took the opportunity to dip into the clubs vast player resources and gave the opportunity to a selection of reserves and U18s players.

Captain Cameron Stuart and former Barwell forward Kevin Charley (both returning from injury) added some experience to a side which also included recent signings Jonathan Kegoum and Chad Degville-Cross.

On a cold but perfect evening for football, the young Ravens entered the game clearly with aspirations of trying to impress the first team manager and his staff and, for a good majority of the game, they just did that.

The opening 45 minutes showed little difference in the vast divisions as the young pretenders matched their counterparts man for man, rarely sitting back and instead taking the game to the opposition.

Under 18s starlet Sam Moore and young reserve teamer Mitchell Woodbine were at the heart of most of the action as Stuart orchestrated his new teammates from the back and Alex Cooper in the middle.

It was therefore a bit of a sucker punch when Barwell took the lead just before the break. Former Raven Danny Quinn made the chance with an in-swinging low cross that Luke Barlone converted from close range.

The second half started much in the same vein with both teams attacking with intent in what was a keenly contested cup tie.

However, as the clock ticked, the difference in class and pace of the game to which the young Ravens weren't used to was soon to catch up with them with Barwell adding four goals in the final half hour.

Luke Richards started the glut on the hour mark as a mistake in defence left Sam Deacon in goal stranded and winger Richards finished comfortably.

Quinn added a third in the 72nd minute with a real barnstormer of a strike that whistled past Deacon.

Coalville continued to battle away but Barwell took full advantage of the Ravens weary legs with two goals in the final 10 minutes through substitute Nigel Julien and former Birmingham City midfielder Tom Weale.

Although the score line may suggest otherwise, this was a positive outing for Coalville, giving the first team, reserves and under 18s managers plenty to contemplate as the mid-point of the season rapidly approaches.

Next up for Coalville is a trip to Conference North side Solihull Moors in the FA Trophy on Saturday (16th November, 3pm).

- Hide - Non-Playing Staff  
Coalville Town
Manager Adam Stevens
Assistant Manager David Williams
Coach Dennis Rhule
Coach Jimmy Gray
Coach Wayne Hallcro
Physio Andy Toal
Physio Jake Robinson
Kit Manager Steve Harris
- Hide - Teams  
Starting Line-Up
1 Neil Collett  
2 Scott Lower 72
3 Connor Gudger  
4 Guy Hadland  
5 Jamie Hood  
6 Tom Weale  
7 Kieron Brehon  
8 Scott Hadland  
9 Luke Barlone 70
10 Danny Quinn  
11 Luke Richards 75
12 Richard Lavery  
14 Elliot Putman 70
15 Declan Towers  
16 Nigel Julien 75
17 Danny Spencer 72
Coalville Town
Starting Line-Up
1 Sam Deacon  
2 Chad Degville-Cross 45
3 Cameron Stuart  
4 Nathan Baker 80
5 Jack Green  
6 Mitchell Woodbine  
7 Jonathan Kegoum 75
8 Alex Cooper  
9 Kyle Fowkes  
10 Kevin Charley  
11 Sam Moore  
12 Ben Dade 45
14 Daniel Birt 80
15 Andy Handley  
16 Matthew Brown  
17 Dylon Spiers 75
- Hide - Match Officials  
Assistant Referee Referee Assistant Referee
R O'Mahony
A Howson P Wood